Caramelized Cashews and Raisins is the garnish you’ve been waiting for.
I don’t even know what to call this except de-freaking-
All I remember is that it was garnished with Caramelized Cashews and Raisins that had been sautéed in butter until the nuts were toasty brown and the raisins were slightly blackened and tasted like candy.
Caramelized Cashews and Raisins is quick and easy to make and uses only 3 ingredients:
That’s it! I used a combination of black and golden raisins only because I had both in my pantry and I thought it would look especially pretty. If I were going out to buy raisins specifically for this dish, I’d choose golden raisins, but either works.
Use it as a garnish for curries or rice dishes, or just eat it as a snack!
Caramelized Cashews and Raisins
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup raisins (golden, black, or a combination)
- Melt the butter in a small, heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the cashews and raisins and cook, stirring, until the nuts are golden brown and the raisins are blackened in spots, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl immediately and serve warm or at room temperature.