Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cheesecake Bites sound great, don’t they? With this easy recipe from my new cookbook, Dessert Cooking for Two, you can whip them up in less than 30 minutes. And the recipe makes just enough for two people (maybe three? Well, only if you’re extra dainty) to enjoy.
Say what?? That’s right, I have another cookbook coming out. This one is full of desserts that are perfectly portioned for two people—small-batch recipes for all your favorite sweet treats.
These chocolate-covered cheesecake bites are just the beginning. From cookies, brownies, and bars to pies, puddings, cakes, and frozen treats, this book has downsized recipes for all the desserts you crave.
It’s available now! Read more about it on Amazon.
Strawberry Cheesecake Bites are Heavenly and Addictive
These heavenly little cheesecake bites are so good. Creamy, rich, strawberry studded cheesecake enrobed in deep, dark chocolate—is there anything more appealing?
You’ll be glad this recipe only makes six delicious bites because you won’t be able to stop eating them until they are gone. Of course, you can always double (or triple) the recipe but don’t say I didn’t warn you.
Strawberry Cheesecake Bites Covered in Chocolate
Just for fun, I made a batch of these cheesecake bites coated with dark chocolate, and another with white chocolate dressed up with glittery sprinkles. These would make a great Valentine’s day
The Perfect Date Night Dessert
The recipe calls for using an ice cube tray to form the outer chocolate shell. I used a silicone ice cube tray, which made it super easy to remove the bites.
If you use a rigid ice cube tray, just be sure to use one with rounded corners or it will be difficult to get the bites out without breaking them.
For another great summer dessert, try these Strawberry Shortcake Cookies. For a fantastic date night dessert, try Orange Cake with Bittersweet Chocolate Glaze, Mint Chocolate Cheesecake, or Cheesecake in a Jar!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
into one sweet little hand-held package. A rich, strawberry-studded cheesecakecenter is encased in dark chocolate for a dessert that looks like it came from a fancy chocolate shop. This recipe is excerpted from my new cookbook, Dessert Cooking for Two.
- 5 ounces semisweet baking chocolate chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- 3 strawberries diced
- 1. Make the chocolate cups. In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, microwave the chocolate in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until it is completely melted and smooth. Put a spoonful of the chocolate into each of 6 wells of an ice cube tray (or chocolate molds or foil mini cupcake liners) and then tilt and turn so that the chocolate coats the sides. Place in the freezer while you make the filling.
- 2. Make the filling. In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla and beat until smooth. Add
the cream and beat to incorporate. Fold in the strawberries.
- 3. Assemble the bites. Fill each ice cube most of the way full with the
filling. Spoon more chocolate on top to cover the filling. Freeze until set, about 20 minutes, or refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 4. Serve. To serve, invert the ice cube tray onto a plate. Let the candies stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes before serving. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.