This Air Fryer Lamb Chops recipe is one of my favorite ways to cook a meal that feels fancy with minimal effort. The combination of rich lamb with the bright, fresh flavors of lemon, fresh oregano, and garlic make this dish a winner.
Why you’ll love this Air Fryer Lamb Chops recipe
There are a lot of reasons to love this easy yet elegant air fryer lamb recipe!
- These Air Fryer Lamb Chops are loaded with Mediterranean flavor. They’re seasoned with lemon juice, garlic, and fresh oregano.
- These lamb chops are easy to prepare, with just a few minutes of prep, 10 minutes to marinate, and 8 minutes in the air fryer.
- These lamb chops are great paired with a yogurt-based sauce like tzatziki or Cucumber Raita, or an intensely herby sauce like Zhoug or Charmoula.
- They make for an elegant meal with roast potatoes and charred green beans, asparagus, or brussels sprouts.
Ingredients you need
This Air Fryer Lamb Chops recipe requires only a few ingredients, and they’re mostly pantry staples. Here’s what you need to make delicious air fried lamb chops:
- Lamb chops: I used shoulder chops here, but you can use lamb loin chops if you prefer. The shoulder chops are a bit fattier than lamb loin chops, which means they have even more flavor.
- Olive oil: You can use any olive oil here, or even substitute another type of oil like avocado oil, safflower oil, or canola oil. The purpose of the oil here is really to help the flavoring ingredients (garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper) adhere to the meat.
- Lemon juice: Freshly squeezed lemon juice brings bright acidity that balances the richness of the meat.
- Oregano: Use fresh oregano to add a fresh, green flavor. If you don’t have fresh oregano, substitute fresh flat-leaf parsley.
- Garlic: Garlic is a prominent flavor in this marinade, so you definitely want to use fresh garlic here. Don’t be tempted to substitute garlic powder here.
- Salt & pepper: I always prefer kosher salt or sea salt (any salt without additives) and freshly ground pepper.
How to make it
It’s so easy to cook lamb chops in the air fryer. Here’s how:
- Start by mixing the marinade ingredients together—garlic, oregano, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Toss the lamb chops in the marinade and let stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Arrange the lamb chops in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry lamb chops until cooked through but still pink in the center. The meat should reach a temperature of 145°F on an instant-read digital meat thermometer.
- Remove from the air fryer basket and place chops on a platter or cutting board.
- Let lamb chops rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.
How to serve them
These lamb chops make an impressive centerpiece for a nice meal. I like to serve them with a sauce like tzatziki, Cucumber Raita, Zhoug, or Charmoula. Great side dish options include Green Bean Salad, Air Fryer Artichokes, or Crispy Brussels Sprouts.
More air fryer recipes you’ll love
If you’re looking for more recipes for your air fryer, check out some of my favorites: Air Fryer Korean Fried Chicken, Air Fryer Samosas, Air Fryer Empanadas, Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips, Air Fryer S’mores, Air Fryer Fried Ice Cream, Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies, and so many more!
- 3 lamb chops (about 5 ounces each)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano, plus more for garnish
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl or resealable plastic bag. Add the lamb chops and turn to coat well with the marinade.
- Let marinate for at least 10 minutes (a few hours is preferable. Put them in the refrigerator if you plan to marinate for more than 20 minutes).
- Air fry at 400°F for 4 minutes per side.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes then serve, garnished with additional oregano.
Amount Per Serving Calories 336Total Fat 30gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 49mgSodium 470mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 16g
Nutrient values are estimates only. Variations may occur due to product availability and manner of food preparation. Nutrition may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, freshness of ingredients, and other factors.