This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my Affiliate Disclosure.
Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper soup, made with ground beef or ground turkey, is a healthy, easy, and deliciously satisfying meal. It has all the flavors of your favorite stuffed peppers, but it’s made in an electric pressure cooker so it’s way less work!
Stuffed peppers are a great cold-weather meal, but I hate how much effort they take between making the filling, filling the peppers, and baking them. Instead, I love making this soup version.
I just put all of those savory ingredients into the Instant Pot and letting it do its pressure cooking magic. This Instant Pot Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup recipe makes it so easy!
It’s pouring rain here today and it feels like we are definitely well into soup season. It’s the perfect time to make this hot, flavorful soup with a savory broth.
It’s full of healthy ingredients like vegetables and ground meat, so it’s a full meal all on its own. Of course, a loaf of crusty bread for dunking can’t hurt! This is a longtime family favorite. And its even better the next day!
This delicious and hearty soup combines ground beef or ground turkey, onions, rice, bell peppers, and seasonings in a rich tomato and beef broth. Making this stuffed pepper soup in the Instant Pot makes it a super easy meal.
It’s perfect for busy nights, and you still get all the delicious flavors of stuffed peppers. Really, this soup has SO MUCH flavor!
What ingredients do you need to make this Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup?
This Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup requires just a handful of ingredients.
- Lean ground beef (I use 90% or 95% lean), ground turkey, ground chicken, or even ground pork or Italian sausage
- Bell peppers (use whatever colors you like—red peppers, yellow peppers, orange peppers, or green peppers)
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Beef broth
- Tomato sauce
- Uncooked rice (I use long grain rice, but you could substitute any white rice, brown rice, or even cauliflower rice, if you like. If you use instant rice, cook it separately and add it to the soup at serving time.)
- Italian seasoning
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt + pepper
How do you make it?
Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup is really easy to make! Here’s how:
- Brown the meat in the Instant Pot.
- Add the seasonings and then the broth, tomato sauce, peppers, and rice.
- Pressure cook at high pressure and then let the pressure release naturally.
- Serve hot.
What do you serve with it?
This Stuffed Pepper Soup is filling as is. It’s loaded with veggies, protein, and rice, so it is easily a full meal in and of itself. But if you want to add a few sides, I recommend a simple salad like this Israeli Cucumber Salad or Roasted Beet Salad with Harissa Dressing.
Add a crusty loaf of bread or some Homemade Pita Bread for dunking.
Or serve crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts. You can also serve it as a side dish with a roast or Air Fryer Whole Chicken.
Want to see step-by-step instructions for making this recipe? Check out the web story!
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes You’ll Love
- Instant Pot Palak Paneer
- Instant Pot Coconut Rice
- Instant Pot Chicken Shawarma
- Instant Pot Spare Ribs
- Instant Pot Chicken Biryani
- Instant Pot Thai Chicken Curry
- Instant Pot Mulligatawny Soup
- Instant Pot Beef Pho
- Instant Pot Congee with Brown Rice and Turmeric
- Instant Pot Refried Beans
- Instant Pot Mexican Black Beans
- Instant Pot Duck Confit
Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 3 bell peppers any color combination (I like to use orange, red, and yellow!), seeded and diced
- ¾ cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- Heat the Instant Pot for a few minutes on sauté mode. Once it’s hot, add the ground meat and cook, breaking up with a spatula, until the meat is browned. If using beef, drain off excess fat if needed.
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, red pepper, salt, and black pepper and cook for another minute or two.
- Add the broth, tomato sauce, peppers, and rice and stir to mix.
- Close and the lid and pressure cook for 8 minutes. Once the cooking time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally for about 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Serve hot.
3 thoughts on “Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup”
Love this one. Will definitely make again!
This really hit the spot on this chilly Autumn day. I used what was left of my summer peppers, which weren’t in any shape for stuffing.
Great take on the traditional stuffed peppers! And it’s a lot faster!