Israeli Couscous Salad with Hummus Vinaigrette is a new favorite for me. It’s hearty, delicious, and delivers layers of contrasting flavors and textures.
Ever since Juliana posted her easy pomegranate-seeding method, I’ve been keeping my eye out for recipes that use those precious little sweet-tart jewels. I wanted to put this magical secret to good use.
Israeli Couscous Salad is an ideal potluck dish
This Israeli Couscous Salad incorporates pistachios and pomegranate seeds, both beautiful and flavorful salad add-ins. I was going to a potluck luncheon, and this seemed like the opportunity to bust out my new pomegranate-seeding expertise.
As it turns out, most people don’t care that much about how to seed a pomegranate. Although my hosts did their best to humor me, they were rather nonplussed by my masterful way with this exotic Mediterranean fruit.
The good thing is that everyone loved my Israeli couscous salad. I used large Israeli couscous and added crumbled Feta cheese for extra flavor.
Check out these other salad recipes
- Israeli Salad with Egg and Feta Cheese
- Mexican Corn Salad
- Green Bean Salad with Crispy Fried Onions
- Beet Salad with Harissa Dressing
- Superfood Kale Salad with Miso Dressing
More Jewish holiday recipes you’ll love
- Honey Cake
- Honey Cookies
- Lemon Coconut Macaroons
- Jewish Beef Brisket
- Meat-Filled Borekas or Pastelicos
- Passover Orange Sponge Cake
- Passover Potato, Tomato, and Olive Stew
- Kreplach with Beef Filling
- Sufganiyot or Jelly Donuts for Hanukkah
- Potato Latkes for Hanukkah
- Classic Chopped Liver
- Vegetarian Chopped Liver
- Check out all of my Jewish Recipes!
- 1/4 cup finely minced flat-leaf parsley (or ½ cup whole flat-leaf parsley leaves)
- ½ cup prepared hummus
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 cups cooked Israeli couscous
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped roasted unsalted pistachios
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 4 ounces crumbled Feta cheese
- Combine the parsley, hummus, white wine vinegar, and water and mix until smooth and well combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cooked couscous and the vinaigrette, stirring to ensure that the pasta is well coated.
- Stir in the pomegranate seeds and pistachios, reserving some of each for garnish.
- Crumble the cheese over, top with the remaining seeds and nuts and serve.