Whipped Feta Spread is a new favorite appetizer. The tangy, salty, creamy dip with a punch of garlic and fresh dill is delicious scooped up with pita chips or raw veggies.
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’m a big fan of a mezze plate—a Middle Eastern appetizer platter that usually includes some combination of various dips and spreads, fresh vegetables, briny olives, pickles, stuffed grape leaves, and toasted flatbread. This whipped feta spread with garlic and dill is a great addition.
Tangy, salty feta is delicious on its own. I love it even more whipped with creamy yogurt, garlic, olive oil, fresh dill, and a bit of crushed red pepper for heat.
Serving suggestions for feta spread
Serve this quick feta dip with Homemade Pita Bread, pita chips, sliced cucumbers or other raw vegetables, or with toasted sourdough or baguette slices.
I like to include this creamy spread on a mezze platter with raw and sautéed or grilled vegetables, olives, hummus and/or babaganoush, spanakopita, and dolma.
This feta dip also makes a fantastic sauce for falafel or gyro sandwiches. Drizzle it on in place of tzatziki.
What ingredients do you need?
This simple recipe only requires 6 ingredients plus salt and pepper.
- Feta cheese
- Plain yogurt (whole-milk regular or Greek)
- Olive oil
- Fresh dill
- Crushed red pepper
How do you make it?
This spread is so easy to make. Simply put all of the ingredients in a food processor and process until well combined. Serve garnished with olive oil, a sprinkling of crushed red pepper, fresh dill, ground sumac, or za’atar.
Tips for success
This recipe is best made with a good quality feta cheese that is moist and very flavorful. Trader Joe’s has an Israeli Feta in brine that works well.
Use fresh dill if at all possible. If you don’t have fresh dill, substitute 2 teaspoons dried dill or use another herb like mint, chives, basil, or oregano.
This dip thickens up when it is chilled, which makes it especially good for spreading as opposed to dipping.
More great recipes you’ll love
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- ½ cup plain whole-milk yogurt or Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Put the garlic clove in a food processor and process to mince. Add the feta, yogurt, red pepper, salt, and black pepper and process to combine well. Add the olive oil and dill and process until well combined.
- Serve immediately or store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to a week.