Smoked Salmon Dip is a mainstay of holiday party appetizer spreads. It’s rich and flavorful and everyone loves it! I serve it with baguette slices, crackers, bagel chips, or cucumber slices as a perfect appetizer.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love that this simple, flavorful Smoked Salmon Dip works for just about any holiday—Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter, and more. It’s one of those easy recipes that is perfect for all sorts of special occasions.
I also love that it is super easy to make, so I can throw it together quickly and then get on with preparing my other dishes. You can even make it 2 or 3 days ahead if you are that organized! Just keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
I love to use homemade Smoked Salmon in this easy smoked salmon dip, but you can certainly use store-bought smoked fish or even leftover cooked salmon. I prefer hot smoked salmon in this dish over lox style.
What ingredients do you need to make this Smoked Salmon Dip recipe?
This healthy smoked salmon dip is made with a short list of simple ingredients, but it is full of flavor.
- Smoked salmon
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream or full-fat, plain yogurt
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Minced garlic
- Black pepper
- Fresh dill
- Kosher salt
This simple recipe can stand up to lots of variations, too. Try it with other fresh herbs like chives, chervil, green onions, or parsley. Or add freshly grated lemon zest or a spoonful of capers.
How do you make it?
This recipe is so easy! Here’s how to make it:
- Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, garlic, pepper, dill, and salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to a chunky consistency.
- Transfer the cream cheese mixture to a mixing bowl and stir in the flaked salmon.
- Cover the bowl and chill for at least an hour.
That’s it! Serve this easy dip chilled with baguette slices or crackers for dipping or serve it as a spread with bagels, sliced red onion, sliced tomatoes, and capers.
What do you serve with it?
I serve it with baguette slices or crackers and it always disappears fast.
This Smoked Salmon Spread is also perfect spread on bagels. It makes a great addition to your bagel platter or brunch buffet.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, flaked
- Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, garlic, pepper, dill, and salt in a food processor and pulse to a chunky consistency.
- Transfer the cream cheese mixture to a mixing bowl and add the salmon. Stir to mix well.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Serve chilled with baguette slices, crackers, bagel chips, or cucumber slices for dipping or serve as a spread with bagels, sliced onions, sliced tomatoes, and capers.
Amount Per Serving Calories 127Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 35mgSodium 470mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 5g
Nutrient values are estimates only. Variations may occur due to product availability and manner of food preparation. Nutrition may vary based on methods of preparation, origin, freshness of ingredients, and other factors.